Thursday, December 9, 2010

The instruments are ready!


Greetings everyone!

Peguy sent us a few photos last night of the new instruments that were made for the school, and we wanted to share one with you. We're so excited for the students! The instruments include a toum and kak (the two drums), a keu (also known as an African telephone, slit drum, or kri), cow bells, kalimba, zaa koua (the harp), bamboo shakers and bamboo guerro. We're looking forward to seeing some video footage in the coming months of the students practicing with their teacher.

Please stay posted for more information about our fundraiser coming up on May 21, 2011!

All the best,
Njacko and Val

3 comments:

  1. HELLO,
    WE ARE A SECONDARY SCHOOL FROM MIERLAU VIILAGE,BIHOR COUNTY, ROMANIA.
    THIS IS OUR SCHOOL BLOG http://s08mierlau.blogspot.com
    PLEASE VISIT IT!
    THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed by your ambition and achievement. I am Principal of a small school in North Yorkshire, England. I am also a director of a social/school project in South India, where we have 2 schools. I have been doing fund raising their for 25years.
    Would it be possible for you to post a video of the children playing some music?
    Have you got some internet connection, do you do it from a local town?
    I know your busy but if you want to share your story I'd be very interested.
    I'm putting a link to your blog on our blog.

    Strong thoughts of friendship.
    Mr E
    Hawes CP School
    North Yorkshire
    England

    www.hawesps.posterous.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi There,

    Through David I have become aware of your blog.I'm a teacher of a class of year 3/4 (7 to 9 year olds) at Burnham School.New Zealand.

    I'm writing an unit about how drums work and it would be awesome to have a post on your blog of your children playing the drums. I'm just adding you to our blog list.

    If your students want to learn about New Zealand. I know my students will be only willing to help.

    Mr Thurlow

    http://burnhamrm2.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete